Riyadh, Saudi Arabia today revealed its new National Strategy for Data & AI (NSDAI) which will make the country a global leader in Artificial Intelligence.
The National Strategy for Data & AI (NSDAI), which will be led by the Saudi Data and AI Authority (SDAIA), was officially launched today at the Global AI Summit in Riyadh.
SDAIA President Dr. Abdullah bin Sharaf Alghamdi thanked Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and HRH the Crown Prince, commending the leadership’s keenness on supporting this pivotal sector.
Dr. Alghamdi said that the National Strategy for Data and AI will (NSDAI) encompass six main dimensions that have been identified as essential to develop Saudi Arabia’s national capacity in AI. The six key areas are:
– Ambition: Saudi Arabia’s plans are focused on turning the country into a global leader in data and AI.
– Skills: The National Strategy for Data & AI (NSDAI) seeks to transform the current and future Saudi workforce, through education, and upskilling and reskilling that will enable Saudis to utilize the power of data and AI, in public and private sectors.
– Policy & Regulations: Saudi Arabia will create a world-class regulatory framework that will encourage and foster data-driven businesses.
– Investment: The National Strategy for Data & AI (NSDAI) will aim to attract and incentivize local and foreign investors and companies to encourage investment in qualified opportunities within Saudi Arabia.
– Research & Innovation: Under the Strategy, Saudi Arabia will build and enable core research and innovation institutions in data and AI, to enable the Kingdom to lead in the development and commercialization of new technologies.
– Ecosystem: The National Strategy for Data & AI (NSDAI) will aim to stimulate data & AI adoption through the creation of a collaborative and forward-thinking ecosystem.
Source: Saudi Press Agency